Blessed Nemoralia!

FESTIVAL OF TORCHES - NEMORALIA - THE FEAST OF DIANA

Date: August 13th-15th
Symbols: torches, white candles, cake with candles, the moon, crown, archer, 
Gods & Spirits: Diana, Selene, Hecate
Colorswhite, silver
Magick: manifesting wishes, projection, all magick
Herbs & Flowers: birch, rue, lavender, saint johns wort, rose, fennel, walnut leaf, oak, cypress, wormwood, myrrh, gardenia

From August 13th until August 15th, the ancient people of the Mediterranean celebrated the festival of Nemoralia - held in honor of the Italic Goddess Diana, often compared to the Greek Artemis. Nemoralia was celebrated with a torch-lit procession to Lake Nemi, the sacred grove of the Goddess Diana, where libation and prayer was offered to the Goddess. Lake Nemi, was lit with torches and offerings of food, jewelry and talismans were left to the Goddess - in hopes of obtaining her favor.  

QUEEN HUNTRESS INVOCATION - BY FIREWOLF

“O’ Great Queen Huntress, Lady of the moon and the night. Hear my song of adoration, hear my voice when, I call in your light. Great Queen of the quiver and bow, when the Full Moon, rise high in the sky,  A spell for you I will sow,  to receive your favor by frog or fire-fly.

Great Queen Huntress, quick as air, as my intent burns strong with desire Grant my wishes of magick and with your loving care, Lend me the magick of Earth, Fire, Water and Air.

O my beautiful Queen Goddess,  I strongly stand before Thee. Calling upon thy beauty and magick, as my ancestors did in ancient history. See me when I reach toward heaven, 
 when my arms reach upward toward the heavens. 
When the Full Moon shines upon me, 
grant me Thy blessings, O Queen Huntress.

Teach me the magicks of the moon, earth, and sun, Teach me the lessons of love and life, O’ Great Queen Huntress, with your hair in a bun, Remove negativity, bad luck and strife. I call upon thee, in thy ancient name, Huntress. Queen, Mistress of the Night, Bless me with your power, surround me with your protective light! So mote it be!”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peppercorn - Wall of Protection Amulet Bag

Halloween Magick Collection @Superstitious

Cornucopia Magick Collection Now Available!